Monday, February 21, 2005

The Year of Mitzi

The Chinese name each new year "The Year of _____." This new Chinese year is the Year of the Rooster. This new year for me . . . well, it's the year of me.

I decided it was time (as O would say) to "live my best life." I made some specific decisions. I went back to Weight Watchers Online (14 pounds and dropping). I started an exercise program (free weights daily, walk 2 miles 5 x week, walk 4 miles on the weekend). I meditate daily - and if I cannot meditate, I give myself at least 30 minutes of silence. Silence means silence - no music, no TV - nothing - silence. I can hear my heart - beating and talking - in that silence.

The first thing I had to do was to acknowledge that I was doing this for Mitzi. I had to eliminate many other reasons, reasons that might have been important to Mitzi.04.

The Old Mitzi:
Mark dumped me and if I lose tons of weight, he will want me again.
The New Mitzi:
I don't want anyone who only wants me when I'm a certain weight. I need to lose weight to be healthier - not prettier. I'm already beautiful.

The Old Mitzi:
I think I'll get a rocking chair
The New Mitzi:
I think I'll get a rocking chair to use after I walk 2 miles and use my Easy Shaper

The Old Mitzi:
I hate my job
The New Mitzi:
This is the best job I've ever had; I'm valued; I'm autonomous. I hope it goes on until I win the lottery.

The Old Mitzi:
I'll never get published.
The New Mitzi:
Well, that's just B. S. You're already published and you're working on getting published in novel-length.

The Old Mitz:
I need a man in my life.
The New Mitzi:
I would like a man in my life. But if the right one doesn't appear, so what. I will take a lesson from one of Mark's ex-girlfriends: I will not settle for less than I deserve.

I deserve the Best because that's what I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home