Tuesday, January 11, 2005

It Feels Just Like Starting Over

"It feels . . ." that I can't get song lyrics out of my head. I think it's my generation - and subsequent generations. We all grew up with the radio or VH1 or MTV playing in the background. The music of our generation (and at times our parents') is what we live our lives to - our "life score" as it were.

The score of my life would, of course, include anything by Lennon/McCartney, Lennon or McCartney - with a smattering of Cole Porter, Rogers and Hammerstein, Lerner and Lowe, and some TV show themes thrown in for variety.

And so I find myself today with John Lennon's voice echoing in my brain - all in all, not an unusual or unwanted occurrence. It feels just like starting over. . . not a bad thing.

I do feel as if I'm starting over - at least on myself.

2005 is the Year of Mitzi. I've decided that I've helped out a lot of people over the decades of my life and now it's time for ME - selfish, egotistical ME.

I'm eating more healthy. I'm packing my lunch and saving money. I'm even exercising. I'm meditating regularly. So far - so good.

My next goal is to write everyday - not just blog, but write on one of my works in progress. I must have AADD - Adult Attention Deficit Disorder. I have so many ideas that I want to work on them all at once.

There may even be a new man in my life - maybe, but I'm not rushing into anything. In fact, I kind of like the idea of not being connected to a man - not being part of Mitzi and . . . .whoever.
I would like to vacation alone this year - not even with friends - to explore on my own, where I want to go, do what I want to do and not worry about anyone else - and to meet new people. Selfish? You betcha! Long overdue. You betcha again!

It feels just like starting over . . .


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home