Sunday, April 01, 2007

RE-jected!


Well, I should be used to it. But it's still depressing.

The package was in my mailbox when I returned from the PADONA convention - the complete manuscript and a nice rejection letter - "doesn't fit our needs at this time."


O-kay!


Deep breath - move on.

Editor appointments at GLVWG (www.glvwg.org) - Greater Lehigh Valley Writers Group - next month: Berkley and Eschelon (a small press from... ta-da...good old Laurel, MD - if the editor doesn't like the book we can at least chat about my hometown).


Then a month later I'm hoping to get to the Book Expo America for the Writers Digest day with 60 agents. I'm in the process of doing online research into those agents - do not want to be directed towards someone who is only taking nonfiction proposals when I have a cozy mystery series in my hot little hands (and brain).


And, in the meantime...more research into those publishers doing cozies. That's what Deb Dixon told me to do -- I just happened to have dinner with her the last two nights (she was our speaker at PLRW's first day-long workshop). I'll follow the advice I gave a good friend about her resume - shotgun - spread it out - cover a wide area.


Stephen King was rejected so many times he wallpapered his room with the letters.


If rejection was good enough for him - it's good enough for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home