Saturday, February 17, 2007

The Secret


"There must be something to this New Age crap," my skeptical daughter said to me not too long ago.
Heather had never been the most outwardly happy person in the world, but she made up for it in loyalty, work ethics and intellect.
And then she had several bad gall bladder attacks - bad enough to cause my not-so-health-conscientious daughter to have surgery.
Since the surgery she has been almost a different person. She doesn't accost strangers on the street and hug them, but her voice is lighter and she sounds more content.
"Maybe it was all that bile backing up that made me so cranky," she said to me a few months after the surgery. "I feel so much better now. So maybe there is something to all this New Age crap."
I know Heather will never be a New Age guru, but I did send her this book. I also gave it to a good friend as a birthday present. This is not, in Heather's succinct words, "New Age crap" - this is changing the way you view your life, those around them and yourself.
I recommend this book and the movie.
Tomorrow I'm getting the CD so I can also listen to it.
There is no "secret" to The Secret. It's all a matter of believing that you can change your life for the better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home