Friday, April 23, 2010

An Open Letter to My Writing Groups

My dear friends:

I know we need board members, in both organizations. And you know I have just enough residual guilt to maybe, just maybe volunteer for one of those positions. But I'm fighting against that guilt for the following reasons:

1. Since 1995 I've served in every board position (except treasurer - a wise decision) in two writers groups. I've also worked on conferences, workshops, publicity, contests and other various areas.
2. I have a very intense job that causes me to travel across the state and the schedule for that travel is not always my own.
3. Selfish reasons: I am getting older and I want to concentrate the time I have outside my job on my family and friends, my gentleman and my writing.

I will support both groups in many other ways, but a board position is not in my future. Besides, it's time for young - and I mean that in all definitions - blood. I'm definitely old blood.

And I'm writing this from a hotel in Pittsburgh area...with a 5-6 hour drive ahead of me. Old blood and very, very tired...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home