Saturday, April 28, 2007

Why do I DO this?

Crazy is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Crazy is also hearing voices in your head.
I spend many many hours of my free time writing and revising.
I've been writing since I was 12; seriously writing for submission for almost 20 years. I'm published in short story, poetry and nonfiction. But the published novel has alluded me.
I've completed three and two are crap. This last one...well...I think it's The One. But what do I know - I'm definitely biased.
The title: Elizabeth Peacock and the Body on Abbey Road. It's a series with the coming titles:
Elizabeth Peacock and the Ghost of Heartbreak Hotel, Elizabeth Peacock and the Ghost of Stones Crossing, Elizabeth Peacock and the Crop Circle of Death.
So why do I keep up this madness?
Maybe I'm not doing the "same thing" over and over. My writing has definitely improved and I've found "my voice."
Right now that voice is Elizabeth. I hear Elizabeth in my head and I need to shut her up sometimes. So soon Elizabeth will have her own blog.
Watch this site.
And no, I know those "voices" aren't real.
The difference between schizophrenics and writers?
We write the voices down and tell their stories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home