Friday, April 27, 2007

My new Goddess: Fran


Fran Rizer's first book is coming out in October.

I met Fran at the Mystery Writers Symposium on April 25. I had noticed the dignified older woman with the cane and the lovely jade or agate necklace (I was too polite to ask which). I thought she, like me and most of us there, was an unpubbed or not yet pubbed. But she got up to address the first panel and dispelled that myth.


Her thought was "never give up"- keep writing and submitting - no matter how old you are.

Thanks, Fran. I needed that - had another rejection when I got home. But I'm not letting that stop me.

I have appointments with two editors tomorrow, sending out more query letters next week and have at least one appointment with an agent next Saturday.


Thanks again, Fran.

I just pre-ordered your book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home