Thursday, April 26, 2007

Wednesday in NYC


The Mystery Writers Symposium was one of the best writerly days I've had this year. I met some wonderful fellow writers - from the midwest, from LA, from Georgia. I heard panelists like Janet Evanovich, Harlan Coben, Don Westlake and Nelson DeMille.
And, of course, an hour of discussion with Stephen King and the book signing.
One of the most (if not the most) intelligent men of letters in this country. Not only intelligence on writing (pun intended), but also on life. And Mr. King has experienced a lot in this life - made it and made it through.
But, Goddess, would I love to give the boy a few cheeseburgers - too thin, too fragile-looking.
Take care of yourself, Stephen, we don't want to lose your voice until "we" are very very old.
To Sandra, Cheryl, Barb, Judy, Alesia and Martha: Hey, there, ladies - lets do lunch again next year. I'll be there for the whole week - with a contract from a publisher!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home