Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Moving to Washington?

This is Mt. Pilchuck - sometimes viewable from Heather's apartment. It's the namesake for Pilchuck Books in Everett, a wonderful used bookstore.


The more often I visit Heather, the more I fall in love with the area. Even the air is different - I notice it as soon as I walk out of SeaTac Airport.

I love Third Place Books (nuh- duh), the tall evergreens, Heather's friends, the green grass, the lakes everywhere, the large grocery stores loaded with variety and organic food, the clean streets, the laid-back people, flowers hanging from the lightposts, sculptures and plants in the parking garages, coffee everywhere (have I mentioned Third Place Books??).

But I know I would fall in love with any place that had my daughter.

If she stays, I may move. I will become an official resident of the Emerald City. But I doubt if I will climb Pilchuck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home