Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Lucy and Me



I love this picture. I love the fact that Lucy's trying out one more "scheme". I can't remember exactly what she was writing - a book, a play, a musical. But knowing Lucy Ricardo, it would be funny - maybe not successful, but funny.

The difference between Lucy as Writer and Mitzi as Writer is that Lucy will go on to the next crazy thing (dragging Ethel with her for good measure) - forgetting that typewriter and glasses.

Mitzi won't - go on to the next crazy thing, that is. Mitzi as Writer is Mitzi. I'll just keep writing and just keep submitting. There's no other "crazy thing" for me. Writing is my "crazy thing."

I sent out five email queries to agents at lunch today. So far I received one rejection and one request for a partial. I have the partial ready for the post office tomorrow.

I even sent off my romantic short story (1000 words) to Woman's World.

I've decided to query ten agents a month - I have a list. I'm just going to keep at it.

I even have a new WIP - work in progress - along with Elizabeth Peacock and the Ghost of Heartbreak Hotel.

Unlike Lucy, I'm sticking with this Crazy Thing - and no s'plainin' to do, either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home