Saturday, April 07, 2007

Cheating

Mark's name is, of course, bantered around in my therapy sessions. My psychologist said something very interesting to me yesterday. She's found (I'm thinking professionally here), that men do not say: "This just isn't working for me. I'd like to be alone - get my own place. Work on myself..." Nope. Men don't notice that they're "unhappy" with one relationship until they've already started on the next one.

So, I finally voiced what I've "known" all along - he was cheating on me. He had "found" someone else and wanted to end it but was...what?...a coward? Maybe. Passive? Definitely -I'll just slowly distance myself from her and maybe she'll get the hint. I did.

That makes me very sad. I expect people to treat me the way I treat them - sort of a reverse "Golden Rule". I'm loyal - and as far as Mark was concerned - to a fault. I had chances to cheat and didn't. I (pretend it's Oprah saying this next word) luuuuuuuuuuved him. Oh, well.

Lesson Learned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home