Sunday, December 04, 2005

More turning negative into positive and . .

...getting zinged in the process.

Let's see: Last year was my daughter's first Christmas in Seattle. I was going to be alone on Christmas Day. So I volunteered at one of our nursing homes. I told them I would help the Activity Department hand out Christmas presents to 150 residents of the home. There would be three people scheduled in the activity department that day - plus me. It would be a great way for me to spend some of my Christmas Day.

Or so I thought. Two of the three people scheduled called off and it left just me and one other person to hand out 150 presents. Good for the corporate person - let her see what it's really like. Well, I already knew. I was not a happy camper.

I had back and leg pain for days afterwards because I was doing stadning, lifting and walking that I shouldn't be doing any longer.

This Christmas I'm volunteering at the SPCA. I'm hoping not get to bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home