Thursday, December 01, 2005

Cashed in Reality Checks

A friend, a single woman just approaching 50, and I were discussing romantic relationships. She's beautiful, classic features, with a slender body that is just beginning to show some of the curves of an older woman. She is not at all happy with the way she looks - hates her weight and is afraid no man would want her.

Hmmm? So what does that make me, I thought looking at my chubby bod, triple chins and ongoing wrinkles. The answer didn't take much thought. That makes me "a-lone for-evah."

I've been coming to grips with this reality. Mark helped a lot with that. Thanks, Mark. It's like a neon signed flashing across my mind. "This is IT!" It's just you and the cats. Heather's on her own in Seattle. Pattie (who includes me in family gatherings, bless her) has her home with Gary. And Mark's long gone. I have friends and they're wonderful. But basically I'm alone - all...a...lone.

I've written about all of this before - the need for stability, the longing for a soft place to fall. It just becomes even more apparent during the Holidays.

No man will want you, Mitz - you're too old, too fat, too outspoken, too . . .
Whatever. So just realize that this is the life you will have until the end and make the best of it.

Just me and the cats.

I wonder if the SPCA needs a volunteer on Christmas Day.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not true, Mitzi. You're not too old, too fat, too whatever. Turn that negative energy into positive and you'll attract the right person. It's all in your attitude. :)

There are many wonderful true stories of people finding love at all ages. I just might have to write a book to prove it to you. :)

10:24 AM  
Blogger Mitzi said...

Kathy,
I have heard that sop= many times and it does work - until he .....uh... dumps ya!
Oh, weel - turn the negative energy into something positive - sometimes easier said than done.

Mitzi

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home