Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Sometimes I'm Just Too Tired . ..

...to write, even on this blog.
Long drive to the facility I was auditing, long day in the facility and long drive back to hotel. I could have gone out to dinner with other company people who were in the area, but didn't feel like more "face-time" - needed Mitzi-time.

I got take-out dinner and took it back to hotel. I was completely prepared to write after dinner and just couldn't keep my eyes open and my brain engaged.

Business travel is taking a lot of me these days. As I get older I want familiarity and stability. And, as funny and eccentric as it seems (I never said I wasn't eccentric), I miss my cats. I miss my books (the reason I carry a "bookbag" with me - filled with the books I'm reading).

I feel sorry for myself until I see the nursing home residents who are younger than me - much younger. A woman in a wheelchair who has been in the facility for more than a year - who has to go to dialysis three times a week - who has a home and cats she misses. At least I will be going home tomorrow.

Back on the road.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home