Sunday, December 04, 2005

The Invisible Woman

I am beginning to believe that the people who "run" the world - the under thirty-somethings (just look around) cannot see a woman over fifty. We are invisible.

I was Christmas shopping yesterday and every time (I mean every time), the clerk was under thirty, I would stand at a counter and be ignored while they waited on someone younger. In one instance, it was a teenage boy at a pizza counter who immediately started on a cute-young thing's order before mine was completed.

I log onto AOL and see the word's "Albums You Must Hear" by some people I've never heard of.

The scents for women are from JaLo and Brittney and some other pop start - again probably someone I've never heard of.

Is there a store (a free-standing so I can try the damn thing on store) that carries skirts? You know. Those things that are not pants. I have do a search and destroy mission to find skirts and when I do - good god! sequins and wild, garish colors and hemlines that are not for the over-fifties of us.

I am not invisible.
Not at all.
I am just amazed at how many people try to make me think I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home