Saturday, December 24, 2005

Christmas Eve

Winter Solstice has passed and the days are getting longer, telling us that spring is coming. But before spring comes, look at winter - it is a really beautiful time. If you have any doubts, just look at a winter sunrise or sunset - the difference in the angle of the sun itself seems to make either one even more brilliant.

Although I don't practice any form of conventional Christianity, I do believe in all of Jesus' teachings - most can be found in my Wiccan wisdom. So I still find this a magical time of year. One Christmas story intrigues me the most.

There is a legend that tells of the animals in the manager being able to speak on Christmas Eve at Jesus' birth and because of that, every Christmas Eve at midnight, all animals can talk.

I will be staying up late tonight to converse with Murray, Huusker and Miss Shittie. I wonder what they will say. Has the food been okay? Are the litter boxes cleaned timely? Do they miss me when I'm on a business trip?

And I will have a question: How can people be more like animals - loving and pure of heart? And if we were, wouldn't that be like having Christmas all year long?

Merry Chritmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home