Sunday, October 17, 2004

A Soft Place to Fall

I am a strong woman; at least that's what everyone thinks and what I must project. After all, I've gone through a couple of bouts with cancer, cared for my mother when she was dying, visited my irrascible, widowed father frequently until his death, cared for my fiance when he was ill and reared my daughter without financial or emotional support. I've been my own financial support for as long as I've been working. I am really alone in the world.

A strong woman.

But even a strong woman needs a soft place to fall. I need, want, someone to wrap a blanket around me when the wind is cold, to lead me to sit by a fire, to tell me that "all is well." And I would know that he will take care of everything.

Even a strong woman needs a soft place to fall.

I've never had one - not really - not ever. Maybe never will.

That is my fantasy.

And maybe to have someone change the oil in my car.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home