Thursday, September 23, 2010

Retirement

I am looking forward to it.
I'm looking forward to getting up when I want.
I'm looking forward to walking "the block" with Morgan in the cool morning air.
I'm looking forward to spending my mornings writing and my afternoons reading.
But yesterday, as I sat in the back of Northampton Community Center where some of us were giving a presentation to almost 100 people from our facilities, I was thinking about another part of retirement.
I would miss these people, some of whom I've worked with for more than 20 years.
I would miss being a resource.
I would miss the camaraderie.
I would miss the friendship.
But I'm still looking forward to retirement and coming back to see everyone when I have some free time.

3 Comments:

Blogger Irene said...

My husband retired just over a year ago.
I love him, but he is one royal pain in the--neck--because he has nothing better to do now than boss me around instead of his men and criticize every breath I take.
He needed a job to feel fulfilled in some way that he is not getting now.
Be so careful what you wish for, Mitzi!

8:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy belated Birthday, Mitzi!

Randy

5:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy belated birthday Mitzi!

Rady

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home