Saturday, May 01, 2010

It's MAY!!!!

Next to October (my birth month), this is my very most favorite month.

Yesterday after work, I weeded the edges of my little yard and raked up in preparation of this morning. In the evening I did a small Beltane ritual and sat outside in the mild night air sipping mead, a gift from Morgan.

This morning I have the patio door open with only a screen between me and nature. The screen to keep the cats in...but after their initial curiosity and subsequent chittering at the birds, they've reverted to form: sprawling on soft sofa blankets and ignoring the call of the wild. They know when they have it good.

Later this morning I'm going to buy flowers to set in pots and to plant. I'll set out the beautiful bird bath my sister gave me for Christmas. I'll hang bird houses. I'm determined, with Morgan's help, to get my lilac bush planted this year.

I will enjoy my little plot of land but I will dream about another.


Years ago I walked up the Tor on May Day. I love Glastonbury and will be returning in a month - between Beltane and Summer Solstice, a perfect time for the town, a perfect time for England.


Tra-la, it's May...the lusty month of May. That lovely time when everyone throws self-control away...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home