Wednesday, May 02, 2007

The Writer's Demons

I love this old print. I'm sure it was meant as an allegory - a lesson for the illiterate. "Demons are out there: beware."

Writers have their own set of demons - mine are very personal.

I love writing.
I love reading.

There are times when one battles the other for my time.
Most of the time I can balance the two. The best days are those that I'm off from work and I follow the Stephen King schedule:
write (or revise - they're really the same thing) for four hours (or until you've written a specific number of pages or words) and the read for four hours (either in the afternoon or evening).

But on a day like today when work intrudes into my "real life" - the life after 5 PM - I find that I am less than a happy-camper when I haven't had the time to write. And let me very honest, there are times during my "day job" when I writing - especially during lunch.

Writing is too much a part of me to put it on the back burner of my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home