Saturday, January 21, 2006

The Shoes Off My Feet

My friend and co-worker, Verna, was going to Egypt.
Verna's friend Phyllis was going, too.
Phyllis, who wears a size 11M, was having a hard time finding comfortable walking shoes.
The day before their trip, Verna was at work and saw my new Sketchers - cute, black, Mary-Jane types with a great sneaker-sole. They happened to be 11M. "Those would be perfect for Phyllis," she said. But I had got them from Zappos.com and there was no time - they were flying out the next day.
Verna called Phyllis to tell her about my shoes. "A kingdom for her shoes" was her remark. Nothing's worse than a vacation in uncomfortable shoes.
"Weeeellll," I said to Verna, "I love these shoes - so if I can order another pair from Zappos - well, then, she can have this pair."
I made the order. I put on my sneakers (luckily they were in my car).
Verna took "my" shoes to Phyllis.
And now my Sketchers are walking through the ancient sands of Egpyt.

I just got a thank-you card and a check in the mail from Phyllis.
Life is gooooooood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home