Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Too Old for This

It was a long drive over the mountains of Pennsylvania – in rough weather, rain driven by strong winds. I didn’t go to the hotel. I should have. I went directly to the facility – the one that I have scheduled for a mock survey. I walked around the large building doing my environmental tour – walked down long corridors, inside resident rooms and bathrooms. By the time I got back to where my Regional Nurse waited, my spine felt as if it would accordian upon itself. My left leg ached and my knees throbbed.

I sat at the long table and reviewed Incidents and Accident Reports and also Abuse Reports. I report my first report. By 4 PM I had had enough. I went to the hotel.

I was to have a microwave and refrig in the room. At least I had the refrig. But there were not enough outlets so I couldn’t have laptop, lamp and refrig plugged in at the same time. (I was supposed to get a new laptop battery last year – hasn’t showed up yet – I think IT forgot about it) I was frustrated with the laptop and trying to connect to the internet – had to reconfigure my modem several times before I could sign on.

I ordered a delivery supper and couldn’t finish it – pain was just too much. Advil wasn’t touching it tonight. I soaked in a hot tub but everything still ached. I rubbed arthritis cream all over everything – now I hurt AND stink.

I turned off the TV, put on my headphones for my personal CD player and fell asleep to guided meditation.

This morning will be better. But I’ve decided it’s time to go back to the rhuematolgist. The pain is just getting worse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home