Friday, September 23, 2005

Critique Service

“Not Your Momma”
Critique Service

What I’m not: Evidently I’m “not your Momma.” I will critique your manuscript. I will not tell you that it’s wonderful even if it needs work. I am not a “Book Doctor.” I will not write the book for you. That would make it MY book. This is YOUR book.

What I am: I’m a freelance writer with twenty years of publishing experience that includes articles and short stories in national magazines and daily newspapers.

What I will do: Fiction: I will show you how to strengthen the characters, the plot, the conflict and your voice. I will also critique partials (synopsis and the first three chapters). Nonfiction: I will critique for clarity, voice and tone. I will advise you on grammar and sentence structure. I do not critique poetry.

What it will cost you: All manuscripts critiqued (with notations directly on the manuscript) at $2.50/page. This will include a separate evaluation of the manuscript and suggestions for submission.

How to submit: I would prefer completed manuscripts or partials to be mailed to me. Return postage is included in the critique fee. For availability, address and turn-around time, email mitziflyte@aol.com using Manuscript Critique in the subject line.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home