Friday, July 08, 2005

So. . . .things change . . .so what?

In the past year I’ve had two nurses in my department resign (the latest one just this week); I broke up with my boyfriend of five years; and my daughter moved across the country. I’m not drinking, smoking or doing drugs. I’m not even promiscuous. I’m just living my life – still, quietly and in the best way I can – by being a loving, giving person.

It doesn’t take much – just focus on someone else – two-legged or four-legged people – doesn’t make much difference.

And continue to treat everyone – even the ones who leave you for whatever reason – as if they are still precious to you.

Because they were and they still are. Their trip through your life made you what you are today. Hopefully, that’s a good person.

“It’s not the load that breaks you down; it’s the way you carry it.” Lena Horne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home