Sunday, May 08, 2005

Hawks - again

I believe in animal totems. If you've been reading my blogs for awhile, this is not news to you. If you are new to me, you're probably thinking, "Animal? Totems? Whaaaaaat?"

Briefly, animal totems are animals that come to you, either in dreams, in nature, or through your inner connection to them. Each animal brings you a message - a message that you have to decipher.

My totems, the animals that I've been drawn to, are Owl, Cat, Dragon (yes - even "mythical" animals can be a totem), Crow, Wolf and now - Hawk.

Hawk has appeared to me often lately; so I wondered if Hawk had a message for me. I'm reading "Animal Speak" by Ted Andrews - a wonderful book that is a guide to animals' natural lives and mystical lives.

From "Animal Speak": "Hawk: Visionary Power and Guardianship"
Red-tail Hawk: "This powerful bird can awaken visionary power and lead you to your life purpose. It is the messenger bird, and whenever it shows up, pay attention. There is a message coming."

Now my job is to recognize the message and its meaning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home