Monday, August 02, 2010

All she wants to do is...

...read.

With Morgan sweltering in Disney World, I found I had a free weekend on my hands.
What to do?
What to do?
I could write...
But there was also that towering TBR stack of books.
So being the good procrastinator, I decided to pick one of them.
Aha! The new Agent Pendergast book, Fever Dream, by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child.
And for one weekend I immersed myself in the odd world of the eccentric Special Agent, a character I've loved since reading The Relic, the first book in the series.

I met Lincoln Child at a Deadly Ink writers conference and was pleased to tell him how much I loved the series and that I wanted to read his stand-alone works. I chose Utopia, trouble in a mega amusement park, ala Disney. I escaped into that book, too.

So that's what I did this weekend without my Morgan, I escaped. I ran away with Special Agent Pendergast and company. I met the series new villain. I lived an exciting, interesting two days, learning about Carolina Parakeets and Audubon along the way.

There are times when we all need to escape.
And sometimes all I want to do is...read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home