Thursday, April 09, 2009

Someone Noticed!!!!!!!

I've been trying to lose weight with some small success. I've also joined Curves and try to go on those days I get home from work before their closing time. The days I get home too late I walk around my apartment complex.

A nice (VERY) lady in the office next to mine said something to me this morning about noticing that I've lost some weight. Yay!

I thanked her.

I'm really not doing it out of vanity or "trying to catch a man" as some people have accused me of. I just want to be healthy and be a good role model for my daughter.

If you've never been overweight (and I have for most of my 61 years), you don't understand how very hard it is to lose weight. It gets even more difficult the older you get. And there is so much emotional baggage that goes along with it - heavy emotional baggage I've carried for more than fifty years.

So that kind remark made my day - maybe I'm not the invisible woman after all.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenn Nixon said...

Congrats on the weight loss. I know exactly how you feel. I've lost 150lbs, still have some to go...yes, I was a BIG girl. hehe.

Curves helped me lose a great deal of weight, so stick with it!

Keep up the great work!

10:17 AM  
Blogger Mitzi said...

Good for you, Jenn!
I have a friend who lost 100 pounds. Her blog is www.gainingfaithlosingweight.
blogspot.com

You will be my second inspiration - Lisa's my first.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Lisa Tomarelli said...

Loved the honesty on how it matters when someone make a comment. We know we're losing weight for our health and not the comments, but they help. They really do.
You're doing an awesome job with this...make sure you give YOURSELF credit too! You're the one who has to manage the choices while working full-time, writing full-time, submitting MSs full-time..hey, how many full-times are there?smile
Way to go...and thanks for YOUR support too!

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home