Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Lonely?

Sometimes I feel as if I should be lonely.
I come home at night to cats. (Yeah, typical - crazy, single, old cat lady - just not a house-full of cats).
I come home to books that I'm eager to read.
I come home to books that I'm eager to write.
I have a little yard that will soon have flowers, a rose bush and a lilac bush. Right now it has massive amounts of birds who entertain me and the cats.
I have a cute apartment.
I have good friends.
I have an intense job, that although it's frustrating at times, gives me a wonderful salary and sometimes even some secondary gain.
I have the most wonderful and brightest daughter - who lives too far away.
I have a "fake" daughter - who I see almost everyday.
Both bring me joy and both say that I've mentored them and helped them to grow into intelligent women.

So, I guess I should be lonely.
But I'm not.
No apologies.
In fact, I'm usually quite happy - blog rants, aside.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenn Nixon said...

being lonely can help those creative juices, but being happy is so much better!

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home