Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Invisible Woman

Just show up and do the work. If you don't show up and don't do the work, they'll miss you - someone else will be doing the work - that's why they'll miss you.

Show up 20 pounds lighter, without your glasses and completely new hair and....

Nothing.

No one notices you unless you stop doing the work.

I made a decision to be good to myself and to do things that will be good for me, and not worry about everyone else. Because there are very few people who really care.

If it's better for me, then I will do it.
If it takes time away from me, I won't do it.
People who are used to who you "were" (and took advantage of that) will not like the changes. Oh, well. Too bad, so sad.

Rick Nelson said it best: "If you can't please everyone, may as well please yourself."
And expect nothing from those around you.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris Casey said...

Wow!

Someone must have heard that song by the Pointer Sister, "New Attitude" while they were out on the Left Coast! Good for you!
Give'm Hell!

9:32 AM  
Blogger Mitzi said...

It came with the bleached streaks - must have been something that seeped into my brain.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

When you start being good to yourself first, that's when you find out who really believes in you.

You're the best, never forget it!

Love you

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home