Saturday, April 05, 2008

Gratitude Attitude

Gratitude
I've posted about this before but thought it was time to do it again.
I'm grateful for so many things. I often say that I live better than 99% of the people on this planet. This was just brought home to me while I half-listened to CNN this morning. In between the stories about the election and the "final four" was one about citizens of Somalia starving. It didn't take me long to click on www.wfp.org (for World Food Programme) and make a donation. How could I not - not with a cupboard and refrigerator full of food?

As much as I gripe about my job, I am blessed with a good one that allows me to live in comfort. I'm also blessed with a profession that allows me to make a difference. Today I'm taking a CD player and some CDs to a resident in Easton Nursing Center. I met her this week - she is virtually completely paralyzed and her room is bare of stimulation. I saw her and realized that I am blessed with fairly good health - the job that provides me a good health insurance to maintain that health. How could I not help her?

I am blessed with a wonderful family - my sister close and my daughter far and still close.

I am blessed with my animal companions. So today I'm taking a donated bag of towels and bags of cat litter to the Center for Animal Health and Wellness. I give monthly to the ASPCA and I support a wolf family.

I am blessed with wonderful friends.

I am blessed.

Life is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home