Friday, March 21, 2008

Autopsy Pictures...

No there will be none on this blog, but I did see pictures of an autopsy in my CSI class.
She was a 47 year old woman who worked at a large center in New York City and collapsed at work. I don't know her name but the pictures showed how an autopsy progresses and that her likely cause of death was heart failure.

At the end of viewing the pictures and the class discussion, I quietly touched my heart and blessed her. I didn't know who she was. Did she have her own family? Who grieved for her? What did she leave behind aside from these pictures? Pictures of her as a child, graduating from high school, college, wedding pictures?

I'm glad I didn't know the answer to those questions. It would have made it more difficult to see her autopsy photos.

But I wonder, now, what I will leave behind.
I know I've guided one child to adulthood - someone I am very proud of.
That will be enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home