Sunday, March 30, 2008

"Turn Down Day"

Now, how many remember that song? No guesses?
It was sung by The Cyrcle a two-hit wonder from the late 60's - a band of Lafayette College (not University then) students who named themselves after the Circle in Easton.

My Google Calender said "you have no events for today." Thank Goddess. When I woke up I had to think about what day it is. Sunday - "a turn down day, nothin' on my mind...and I dig it..." (yeah, late 60's).

The past few weeks have gone by in a blur of sinus infection, prednisone, antibiotics, covering Renee's buildings (she's acting DON at one of her buildings, so I'm the Regional Nurse for the rest), PADONA conference (nursing), PLRW workshop (writing) and GLVWG conference (writing). I'm sure there was a lot of other stuff in there, too, but the brain has deleted the files.

I was going to my Gettysburg next weekend but canceled - don't think I want a relapse of sinus infection - walking the Battlefield in early April - no, not a good thing.

So today is my "Turn Down Day" with nothing on my mind - well, maybe some reading and watching a Miss Marple DVD...and looking over my query letter and synopsis for Elizabeth Peacock and the Body on Abbey Road...and going back to "the wolf book" or "Moonstone Magic" or....

I guess there's no "Turn Down Day" for a writer.

And I MUST buy cat food.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home