Monday, February 11, 2008

Lazy Sunday

I spent the day in Pine Deep, PA - a sleepy little berg that usually comes alive once a year - on Halloween. Pine Deep is the creation of Jonathan Maberry (see below). I'm in the middle of "Dead Man's Song" - couldn't put it down.

I love it when I can read most of the day - escape, even if it's into a world of blood-sucking zombie-like creatures obeying the command of some invisible monster. Maberry makes it all seem plausible - so much so that I had the chain on the door long before it got dark.

Reading and writing are my escapes - don't have enough time for either - except on lazy Sundays.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mitzi..so glad that you're enjoying the book. Did you read the first in the Pine Deep Trilogy (GHOST ROAD BLUES)? The final book in the series, BAD MOON RISING, hits stores May 8.

Happy reading!
Jonathan Maberry
www.jonathanmaberry.com

7:50 AM  
Blogger Mitzi said...

Read "GRB" and preordering "BMR" - I'll soon be driving down Rt 32 to find Pine Deep. ;-)

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home