Monday, May 22, 2006

Ain't Happenin'


Not sure if this picture was posed. Maybe it's a real couple and maybe they're still together. But at 58, I'm very realistic about the big "R": Romance. Oh, sure I read and write "romance" but I also read and write horror. I have as much chance as being the woman in this picture as I do of seeing a vampire - maybe more of a chance with the vampire.

Anyway, I have a lot of things I want in the mate/companion department. It will be a difficult order to fill. So I'm not even shopping. Not even in the mall parking lot.

I have found that I'm very happy with my life - find myself smiling about it more times than not. Oh, I know - I rant about things over which I have little control - politics, my job, the nursing shortage. But those things I DO control - well, I'm doing just fine, thank you.

So I've decided that if it happens, fine. If it doesn't happen, just as fine.

Besides Barnes and Noble have a mug that says: "Book lovers never go to bed alone." Neither do cat owners.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home