Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Some Good News

Actually very good news that got lost in the hustle and bustle of life: going back to work to mounds of paperwork, having to drive to Pittsburgh, Heather leaving. And the good news is most amazing when I think about all the work-angst in the last few months.

Routine doctor's visit to my wonderful Dr. Mehta - wonderful because he puts up with me. Bloodwork was good but the BEST part is: weight is down - oh, it gets BETTER! Blood Pressure is DOWN to normal - and even too low when I move from lying to standing. He cut my BP meds in half - in half, mind you!

I told him about my exercising, watching what I eat (even though I have some special things at times - like at the wedding), taking flaxseed oil, eating lots of whole grains (I AM a whole grain) and also - maybe the biggest thing - meditating. I told the Indian-born internist-friend that I routinely meditated and that I go "into" that place (my "gap" in the words of Dr. Wayne Dyer) whenever he (Mehta) checks my BP. I'm not sure if Mehta believes it - but I believe it - and that's all that matters.

My goal - lose more weight before I go to Gettysburg (I want to walk the Battlefield) and get off most, if not all, BP meds by the end of the year.

Now if I can just get those "first 30 miles" of a trip reinstated.
Maybe I need to learn to "get into the gap" at work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home