Monday, May 30, 2005

An Addition to the Family

I've been looking at them for four years. I gaze longingly every time one passes by me. I just think they are so cute . . . so neat . . . so . . . So I bought one today.

No, it's not a puppy.

A PT Cruiser.

My late mid-life crisis could have been worse. I could have taken a young lover. Hmm? Well, now that I have the hot wheels . . . Ahem! Back to the car.

I've wanted one since they came out - coveted every one I've seen. I am so retro - stuck in a time-warp around the 1930s and 1940s. It's a perfect car for me. I just need to dust off my Ingrid Bergman hat . . .
But on the practical side (and I do have one): my Neon is approaching the 100K mark - quickly. It was time - before I was left sitting along the side of the road.

It has everything I wanted. A cassette AND CD player - since most books on tape are - well - on tape. A sun roof. Power windows and locks and . . . for my aching back and leg: CRUISE CONTROL. Yay!!!!!!!!!!

And here's the kicker - it's BLACK. It looks like a Mafiosa car - or a hearse for dolls. But I love it and I've already named it - The Black Rose. Don't laugh - I have a friend who named her yellow VW Beetle "Buttercup."

I get it tomorrow.
I can't wait.
It's my first new car that's ALL mine.
I bought a Neon the year they first came out but it was for my daughter.
This new car is MINE. MINE. MINE, I tell you. All mine!

Now, what kind of funky seat covers should I get?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home