Saturday, December 11, 2004

Resolutions

Resolutions never last for long - at least not for me. I make them in good faith and even work on them for a while but by February, they're as cold as last night's mashed potatoes.

So maybe if I start on them now - at least thinking about them - in the middle of February I'll have ownership. The thing is not to have too many, but have ones that mean something.

I think resolutions should also reflect lessons learned in the past year. So these are the ones I'm considering.

1. Lesson Learned in 2004: Never, ever, ever, ever fall in love with a man who will not move near you. Once you tell him you would give up family, friends and the place you've known for almost 40 years, he has you right where he wants you. When he dumps you, you would have wasted all that love, all those dreams.
Resolution: I will not love someone who does not love me as much as I love him.

2. Lesson Learned in 2004: Never, ever, ever, think that only you can solve the problems of your job and that said job is nothing more than a means of support. In other words, it does not define who you are.
Resolution: I will continue to delegate stuff out to others. I will not assume responsibility for duties unless I am asked. I will continue to write in my spare time.

3. Lesson Learned in 2004: Never ever, ever, ever let anyone put me down because of my weight. Even at my present weight I'm cute and personable. I've been propositioned when I weighed more than I do now.
Resolution: I will eat sensibly and exercise sensibly and will not attempt to overdue either. And the exercise may include sex - if I find a man good enough.

I think that's a damn good start on the New Year's Resolutions



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home