Wednesday, December 01, 2004

It's That Time of Year. . .

. . . no, not Christmas. It's hunting season.
I know because I just spent two days driving on the turnpike and I 80 in the Poconos. Cars, SUV's and pick-ups were parked all along the highways. At first I thought, "Geesh. Did all these people break down?" Yeah, right.

I stopped at a turnpike rest stop before getting to Rt 80. I walked quickly (I had to Gooooooo!) to the doorway and thought there was a clown in the building's foyer. Nah - just a guy in funny looking orange hunting pants - camouflage orange pants, I kid you not. Like the brown part of the pants will fool the deer and the orange part of the pants will keep him from getting mistaken as a deer.

There are some things I will never understand. I think I'll root for the deer this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home