Friday, February 03, 2012

Change

I've been thinking about "change" a lot lately - not the stuff in the bottom of my purse either. This is major change - major changes. It (the thinking) began when I decided to switch to the Facebook Timeline instead of waiting for it to be thrust upon me. I mentioned on said Facebook that the older I got the less I liked change. Someone commented that "change is good". well, no - not all change is good, of course. But some changes are...many are...

So I'm thinking about "change" or the "changes" in my life that are coming at me fast and furious:

1. I'm retiring from a profession I've had for more than 40 years.
2. I'm retiring from a company I've been with for more than 22 years.
3. The company is being sold and is going through its own changes.
4. I'm marrying a man I adore after being single for more than 30 years.
5. I'm moving away from the area I've known for 47 years.

I'm going to do what I've always wanted to do...write. And now with the changes in the publishing industry, Morgan (also a writer) and I decided to form an LLC and "work" at our writing. Wolf Howl Publishing is our brand-spanking new company. It will just be the two of us for now. We'll be Indie Authors getting our books out there...to see if anyone reads them.

And so these changes are many and fun and scary and...good.

2 Comments:

Blogger Girl From Nowhere said...

Best of luck to you and your hubby!

11:17 PM  
Anonymous Kris said...

You may be afraid of change, but you're marching right into its face, and that's very inspiring! I enjoy reading!

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home