Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Another Rant

Sorry but I have to get it out of my system.
I just saw a quarter-page ad in Lehigh Valley's Morning Call newspaper for nominees for the best blog. There was an "arts" category, an "entertainment and nightlife" category and several sports categories but NO literature or "book" category.
Yeah, that's right. I was going to nominate my own www.witchlit.blogspot.com (I may be a lot of things - shy is not one of them). But there was no category!
Now would it fall under "arts"? Does "arts" include arts and crafts, painting, poetry, theater, origami and everything else that could be contained in that broad category? If so, my little blog about trying to read/listen to 100 books in a year may fit but get lost in the shuffle.
I do read for entertainment and do most of my reading at night; however, I doubt if my blog would fall under "entertainment and nightlife" - or "nightlife and entertainment".
So, I'm ranting again.
I'm a square peg and can't even find that round hole

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home