Sunday, February 13, 2011

On Valentine's Day and Love

I've spent many Valentine's Days alone.
I spent one trying to drive to Maryland in the snow with my brand-new husband - that was forty-one years ago and he's no longer my husband.
I've spent several with the significant-other of that time in my life.
I will spend tomorrow with the gentleman I suspect will be my last Valentine - not that he or I will be going anywhere soon.
Maybe I should have said my "lasting" Valentine.
It took me many years to realize what was really important - in life and love.
Honesty, loyalty, intelligence, humor, a love of life...
Lucky me that I found all of that in my sixties.
Oh, not just in the man I love...
But I also found them in me.

Happy Valentine's Day.

5 Comments:

Blogger Maeve Greyson said...

I love this post, Mitzi. Congratulations on your wonderful discovery of what Valentine's is all about.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Donna L Bolk said...

Happy almost Valentine's Day,

Lasting love, I like that. Very nice.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Janie Emaus said...

Same to you.

11:09 AM  
Blogger Autumn Jordon said...

It really does sound like you found the love of your life. Enjoy the moments and make tons of memories.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Mitzi said...

Thank you all for the lovely comments.
May Valentine's Day be as love-ly as you.

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home