Sunday, July 26, 2009

Health Care in the Richest Country in the World...

...sucks.

Two thousand people in line at fairgrounds in Virginia to get free health insurance:

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/florida/AP/story/1156254.html

This wouldn't happen in England or Canada or Finland or Germany or Australia or...

Do I want more taxes in order to pay for universal health insurance?
Damn straight, I do. Then I wouldn't be paying the friggin' $350/month for my employer-based health insurance. Then I wouldn't have to wait for Medicare to kick in to retire. Then having health care wouldn't be one of my worries if I lost my job.

Do I want my health care/prescriptions rationed?
Another resounding yes! I don't think I need half the tests or medications given me.

Do I want to be told what doctors/hospitals, etc I can go to?
Already happening.

Too bad we didn't follow England's lead at end of WWII.
Less docs driving Lotus Europas and more people with health care.

1 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

Right on Mitzi, I'm with you. I'm retired and on Medicare, but still have to pay more than $200. for Supplemental insurance to have adequate coverage.

Barbara Hamby
www.musebooks.com

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home