Monday, November 26, 2007

The best Christmas Present - three times

She arrived on December 10, 1970 with a lot of help from me. Twenty-four hours of hard labor and a C-section was all worth it. The best Christmas present until...

She stood on my doorstep years later. Her father had picked her up from the airport. She didn't want me to go to Strawberry Fields alone that year - 25 years since John had been killed. So my Christmas present that year was her trip across the country to be with me. Together we wound our way through the crowds that night in New York in Central Park in Strawberry - candles lighting our way.

This year she's coming home for Christmas. Uh...sorry. She's told me that Everett/Seattle, Washington is her "home" -I guess it's like Easton had become my home when she was born. Again her dad will pick her up at the airport. Her cousins are looking forward to Christmas Eve with Heather. I'm just looking forward to Heather - not like I haven't seen her enough this year.

But it will be so nice to see her here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home