Monday, November 22, 2004

A Letter to Santa

Just in case he's reading blogs these days:

Dear Santa,

I've been a very good girl this year. I worked real hard at my job and spent my salary wisely. I took care of my daughter and even adopted her two cats. I've fed the birds and the squirrels. I've been nice to people who were not nice to me. So, Santa, here is my Christmas wish list for 2004.


I would really like to be independently wealthy - so I could write everyday and not worry about it getting published. Oh, can't do that one? Okay. How about this one:

I just want someone who accepts and loves me for me - flabby arms, stretch marks and all. What? Another hard one? Let me think, let me think. Give me a minute.

Okay. okay. What about THIS one? I want to get up in the morning with no aches or pains.
No, to that one, too? What do you mean I've earned those aches and pains? You told me I earned all those gray hairs, but I can get rid of those.

What the hell is wrong with you, Santa? I thought you could do anything. Well, at least until I was around 10 or so. But now that I'm quickly approaching my dotage, can't I revert back to my childhood in other ways - like believing in the magic of one night in the year when all of my dreams could come true. I guess it depends on the magic and the dreams.

So, Santa since I can't have wealth, love or youth, just give me the entire Beatles collection on CDs.

Thanks.

Your friend,
Mitzi
Age 57


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home