Saturday, November 20, 2004

What's Up with This?

I am up early this morning - making pumpkin soup for our writers' group Thanksgiving Feast and trying to figure out how to fix the broken lid on my crockpot and tape it down to prevent it from spilling all over my car the way it did two years ago. A rambling sentence but that's the way I'm feeling so early this morning.

A weird, really, really weird dream. It was a jumble of different vignettes that seemed to tie together with one thing - me. Evidently I was living in a small apartment with my mother - my real mom, long since gone - and the apartment was disjointed with the rooms. It was first floor with a large hillside outside the backdoor and we had friends and family (who I didn't recognize) planting the hillside so the dirt wouldn't come down into the patio. On top of that there was some guy in my dream - may be a relative, I'm not too clear on that - who turned into a monster with huge black claws (all I saw of the monster) and killed people. I tried to warn his sister - Kay Mc Neil from my nursing school days - but no one believed me. Then somehow I found myself in the streets of Boston, which looked like Wilson Boro, tracking down this monster, but I was in the middle of a street fair with people dressed in colonial costume. I got stuck with this woman who was trying to find historical sites so she could get badges for a ribbon she was wearing. There was a huge hill with a large mound of dirt, hollowed out inside, (called The Castle) and actors portraying something like Cinderella. John Kerry was walking the streets, playing his guitar and singing - a young John Kerry. I woke up as this weird woman and I were walking to a historic cemetery so she could get a badge for her ribbon - she was dressed in colonial clothes and I was in regular clothes.

I awoke with the alarm chiming and a painful cramp in my leg - maybe from walking the streets of Boston - which I did about six/seven years ago when I visited Jim - Mark's predecessor.

Soooooo, what's up with this?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home