Monday, October 25, 2004

One Week to Go . . .

. . .and my stomach is in a knot, my nerves are taut, and my head and heart ache.
What's going to happen in one week?
Where have you been?
Haven't you been watching "Indecision 2004?"
It's the election, stupid (no offence).
All I can see looming in the rearview window of my tortured mind is another four years of someone I cannot bear to hear or watch, let alone call president.
I don't want "Everyman" for the Top Job. I don't want someone likeable. I don't want the guy next door (well, I would if I lived next to the John F. Kennedy School of Politics at Harvard).
I want someone smarter than me to be President of the United States.
We haven't had that person for the last four years.
Let's hope we have him for the next four.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home