Friday, October 22, 2004

I was in Lititz Today

I was in Lititz today - at our building, Audubon Villa. I seriously considered going to Mark's to give him his key (yep, I still have it - must get a mailer and send it out), but then I thought better. I don't think I want to see him. It would hurt too much. I guess it does bother me - it was five years, after all.

It's hard not to think in terms of Mark - being with his family for Thanksgiving, what he may like for Christmas (at least I didn't buy that darn MP3 player early). Since I met him, I spent my birthday with him - not this year. I decided to work my birthday. Heather and I will celebrate by going to the "new" Friendly's near my apartment. It had burned a few months ago and I've watch the new one rise up, clean and bright and pretty. I guess using the Phoenix analogy would be too much when talking about a restaurant - but I thought dinner there, me with my birthday and arising from the ashes of a burned out relationship and Heather with her new life on the horizon, would be very appropriate.

I got a couple of emails form Mark's sister, Fay. I really liked Fay - in fact, I really like his entire family. So after a long term relationship ends, you not only break-up with the guy - but it seems as if you break up with his family, too. Anyway, got an email from Fay. We "chatted" through emails for a while. She wants to stay in touch; I, of course, said yes. But it will be email only. I don't think I could see them - they're too much tied to Mark in my heart and brain. I hope they understand.

I was in Lititz today and it was strange not going to Woodcrest Ave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home