Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Thought for the Day - but really for me

Yesterday was not a good day. It started out well and I was really cheerful - and it was even a Monday. I'd scheduled most of my week in the office, so no stressing about driving across the state - home every evening - petting cats, writing and reading. All in all a good week, right? Maybe not. Monday was not good. The problem revolved around a personnel issue and the ineffective and poor way it was handled. Then I found out that someone was spreading the word of this issue all over the office - someone who should realize that personnel issues are confidential. I wasn't involved, except that I'd known the person who was disciplined for almost 20 years; she came to me distraught. I was not about to turn her away - I tried to calm her down. Evidently I was supposed to walk away.
Sorry, folks, can't do that. As the only nurse and now I believe the only adult in the office, almost everyone comes to me with their problems. If I can use the "company time" to do that, then I can use it to calm someone down and possibly prevent a major problem.
Each day I receive an Abraham-Hicks Daily Quote. Today's was very appropriate and I will follow it. In fact, I'm printing it out and sticking next to my work computer.
It's Not My Role to Make Others Happy. . .
It is not your role to make others happy; it is your role to keep yourself in balance. When you pay attention to how you feel and practice self-empowering thoughts that align with who-you-really-are, you will offer an example of thriving that will be of tremendous value to those who have the benefit of observing you.
You cannot get poor enough to help poor people thrive or sick enough to help sick people get well. You only ever uplift from your position of strength and clarity and alignment.
On August 12th, "Money and the Law of Attraction: Learning to Attract Wealth, Health, and Happiness" will be available in stores. On August 13th, we’ll resume our standard Daily Quotations.
If you would like to pre-order your copy now,
click here
Our Love,
Jerry and Esther

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home