Sunday, July 22, 2007

My Forbidden Forest has just one tree

I started reading as soon as I got up this morning - Heather was at page 300 and something-something by yesterday afternoon. I want to call her later and chat about the book - but she'll be finished.
I'm on my patio listening to the morning sounds of doves, sitting next to the ivy that threatens to take over a wall and staring at a huge pine tree that separates the little yard in front of my apartment and the busy road. Earlier I could pretend I was in the Forbidden Forest, maybe making my way to Hagrid's cottage, listening for the calls of baby dragons - wait! I hear some now - drat, no - just squirrels chattering. Now the increasing sounds of traffic threaten my daydream.
Going back to Potter and dreaming - traffic not withstanding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home