Thursday, April 20, 2006

March for Peace - NYC April 29, 2006

www.april29.org

I am an old woman with a bad back - so bad I have to wear lidocaine patches every day I drive more than 100 miles for work. I can no longer walk long distances and sometimes, if I try, I need a cane.

However, I am seriously considering walking in this Peace March in New York City. I missed the marches against the Vietnam War; I missed the Civil Rights marches. I was locked away in nursing school. So forty years later, I feel as if I owe myself a protest rally, a demonstration, a chance to yell with thousands: "All we are saying is give peace a chance..." I also owe it to John.

What would Lennon do?
He would march. He would sing. He would right a new song.

New York City - April 29, 2006.
Give Peace a Chance

1 Comments:

Blogger Mitzi said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Glee
I'll be going, wearing lidocaine patches to prevent any back pain.
Even if I only walk a few blocks, I would have done it - would have been there.

Mitzi

6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home